Monday, June 30, 2008

CINNAMON ROLL SUNDAY

My cinnamon rolls have a reputation of being cinnamony, gooey and delicious. Last year for the 4th of July Breakfast, the new ward activities chairman did not request people to bring rolls and other goodies. When I arrived I was met by more than a handful of people WAITING for the cinnamon rolls to arrive (they had arrived early so they would be one of the first to get one!). They were very disappointed. It was annouced that this year's 4th of July Breakfast would include those traditional items that have been brought in year's past, namely, Ann's cinnamon rolls. Sadly, I won't be making them this year unless Von wants to follow my instructions!



Since it had been so quiet at our home on Sundays, I thought it would be a good thing for us to be a little more social! So I invited a few ward members over for Cinnamon Rolls. We invited about 5 families over. Afterwards, I was asked, "When are you doing it again?" So I came up with a new tradition for Von and I, "Cinnamon Roll Sunday". Every 5th Sunday will be Cinnamon Roll Sunday, and we will invite new families in the ward we haven't met to join us. I have encouraged those 5 families to do the same - but they haven't got with the program yet - mainly because they haven't mastered the technique of cinnamon rolls on their own. Possibly I may do this every 4th Sunday so we can share the cinnamon goo a little more!!!

Anyway - I tried another cinnamon roll recipe tonight. I liked it. We will have a verdict tomorrow morning after we see how well they hold up "the day after". Another good thing about Cinnamon Roll Sunday is that I get to try out new recipes - trying to find "the one" recipe that fulfills everyone's cinnamon fantasy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!! I wish I could be there to help you post-surgery. I'm sure the ward thanks you for your contributions towards their waist lines-hee! Love you!

Unknown said...

I have a recipe that is so simple and SOOOO good, but it sounds like you don't need it.

You have to love it when you can feel fulfilled as a woman..there's no higher complimen to a cook than to have people showing up early for your food.

And, I LOVE that you are being social...more LDS people need to reach out to each other in friendship...and it is SOOO wonderful to do in California...golly you guys can walk to each other's houses.

In TN, we have a 30 minute drive from one end of our ward to the other and only about 20 active families in between. And it isn't even like we are dense in population, it's just that we are dense in Mormons. (And we have no sidewalks to walk on, not that we could attempt it anyway)

Adam and Jess said...

I didn't know your blog was up, how fun. I'll be honest, I haven't been brave enough to try making cinnamon rolls. Probably because my Mom is a master at them and I don't think mine would compare, what a fun tradition though. We are leaving next week for PA!!

Cathy said...

Ann,
I just read the email that Sheila passed on to all us kids about your "New Adventure". HOW EXCITING!! I am really happy for you to head back to school, and sort of jealous. I will be following suit in a few years. Kris has to finish first, and then the "momma" gets to take a crack at what she has forgotten. Good luck with everything, and keep us posted on how you are doing!
Love, Cathy