On the front page of the New York Times today, there were several articles about technology and your brain. I recommend that they are all a must read, as it points out some significant studies on how technology, if unchecked can REWRITE your brain. I think it is more like having your brain becoming HARDWIRED. Hey, I love technology. I think it is wonderful, but there are limits.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself regarding your usage on the computer. Tara Parker-Pope spoke with experts who identified these signs:
• Do you always check your e-mail before doing other things?
• Do you frequently find yourself anticipating the next time you’ll be online?
• Have you ever lied about or tired to hide how long you’ve been online?
• Have you ever chosen to spend time online rather than going out with others?
• Does going online lift you from a depressed or nervous mood?
• Do others in your life often complain about the amount of time you spend using technology?